Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chocolate Baby Cake

More of the GREAT August kit from Scraps of Darkness. I used Petaloo flowers and loaded them with Distress Stickles. (Vintage Photo and Antique Linen on the flowers and Faded Jeans on the alphas.)

The only thing here not in the kit are the Prima alphas.

I drew my own vines with the Smooch. Eh, I don't know if I will do that again!

Reveal Day Scraps of Darkness


Edward and Bella.

You know, I am not really as obsessed with Twilight as some, but I think that they are gorgeous together. :)

I did a slightly cheaty version of the 'Wet Distress Technique' that I call the Glimmer Distress Technique. I used Glimmer Mist in dazzling diamond to get the bg paper wet, then I scruched it up with my hands. and blasted it with the heat gun. Then, I used Smooch Ink in Siren and fired brick Distress Ink over the scrunches.

I used Smooch Illuminate over the alphas. I got this font off the tubes and cut it with the Cricut. :)


The August Kit for Scraps OF Darkness is awesome! :) My favorite colors and the bonus of having pps you can mist or ink to the colors of your choice!

This is my first layout, Bad Girl. I am putting this in the challenge on Using Mandy's awesome sketch and the new SOD kit, how could it go wrong?

I used the feather boa to make a puffy soft flower and attached the flower with Aleen's Tacky Glue. I put a silver medallion in the middle and used a clear pebble on top.

I did a lot of inking and could not decide on the right side what to do!

For the word girl, I used the rub on alphas on a piece of scrap and then simply cut them apart and ran the edges over Fired Brick Distress Ink.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

1986 ~Swirlydoos Butterfly Challenge Layout~

For Angelica's August butterfly challenge. :D

I made the big butterfly by cutting it out with the Cricut, first Grungepaper, then the Vocab BG paper in the kit. I used Gesso on the GP to adhere the pp to it, then inked it with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and Tumbled Glass. I then coated it with a thin coat of Glossy Accents and sprinkled Diamond Dust on it to make it sparkle!

I used alcohol inks on the flourish and I sprayed the little paper butterflies with Smooch Spritz in Log Cabin and Glimmer Mist in Patina.

I did the scallop border with ol reliable..Threading Water punch.

TFL everyone!

Kaisercraft Altered Drawer Set.

SO, I got the drawer set at camp and didn't finish it time....mostly cause I don't really alter stuff! It is so difficult!

My great hubby added a base to it to make it a bit sturdier and to accommodate the Idea-ology Tim Holtz metal feet.

I used black acrylic paint, G45 Romantique papers, Prima pearls flourishes, Tim Holtz idea-ology feet and keyholes and keys and hitch fasteners, Dusty Attic chip keyholes, Glimmer Mist in Slate, Patina, Flower Power and Vintage Pink, Smooch Spritz in Gold Glow, Glitz Design Distress Stamp, Making Memories tiny alpha letters. I sealed the box by Kaisercraft with Mod Podge.