Sunday, December 16, 2012

Butterfly Challenge!

I was a BIT late, not sure if it counts yet! *cross fingers*

I was finally able to scrap a little, it has been so crazy here! 

This is Kassidy, done with the November Swirlydoos kit, Nouveau.

PLEASE click on the pictures for larger images!


The edge is "distress punched" with  MS edge punch. (I forgot the punch name, it is a scalloped one with dots.)

I love those Prima wooden doors! I used a lot of Prima packaging as well, for the paper banner and the butterflies. The canvas banner is Prima as well.


The flowers are Kaisercraft and Petaloo with a few little HL brand ones. I painted the canvas banner with Luminarte silks in Pixie Pink, then I brushed on a little Magical Mica paint but I can't remember which brown! (In my defense, I have a lot of browns....and I had like 4 out on my table.) 




Lots of mist of course! I used Perfect Pearls in Pearl and also Lindy's Starbust in Cocoa Bean Cooper. 


This bricks are Dusty Attic. :) They are awesome! 

I used gesso, Mr Hueys mist in Warm Calico, then after it was dry, I brushed some Lindy's mica powder in Glistening Blue and then I dabbed a bit of Distress Stain in Antiqued Bronze over that! I smeared some white Faber-Castell Gelato on the paper to give a softer look under the bricks.



Thanks for stopping by my blog! Please leave a comment, they are always appreciated! 

3 comments:

Merrihew said...

Thanks for telling how you did the bricks! I will have to get some of those on the next order! Gorgeous LO, Manda!

Cheryl

Peggy Giovanetti said...

I have the bricks but I could never get them to look this cool!!! Manda, thanks for sharing and OMG I love this page!!!!!

Rae said...

Love this whole page! TFS about the bricks! You rock!