Sunday, February 17, 2013

Art Journal ~Swirlydoos UDC Week 5~

Hey all! 

I wanted to share this new project: my first art journal. 

This is for week 5.

I think that this really does reflect my love of color and fashion and is almost like a diary page for me.

I journaled around the edge of the shoe on the middle right. I used Mister Huey's sprays and Dylusions and Lindy's sprays on the background, then I dug around for my favorite stamps and used black pigment ink to stamp. 

I cut the shoes out from scraps and some from Tattered Angels Suede card stock. I just downloaded a .png image and imported it into the Studio Design Software. I traced it and cut out a few of them, a sheet each of different sizes. 

I used different techniques and embellies on each shoe. I will prob make more as I really love how they turned out. Maybe I should start designing shoes! LOL













The top pair is Silver Distress ink, Smooch ink, Ranger embossing powder, an acrylic stamp and one black pearl.

The blue pair is Dylusions ink. I really love how the Suede TA picked up the Dylusions. I added a couple teeny pearl flourishes and a flower.

The pink is covered in Alleene's Tacky glue and Art Glitter in Lipstick. These are ALL glitter, I love them!

The green is acrylic paint, teal Dylusions a TH stamp and TH Distress ink in Mowed Lawn.


Old Webster's pp for the top pair with pearls on the dots. 

Lindy's and Distress ink over journaling. 

The bottom pair has Festive Berries Distress ink and Dylusions spray. I cut the heel and toe off a different shoe and used Smooch ink to get them nice and black. Then I hand cut spikes from American Crafts Pow card stock.

I really enjoyed this weeks challenge! It was tough, I had to smack it around a little until I had control over it, then I loved it! 



3 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

I think you would make an awesome shoe designer! I saw this over at sb.com and just had to come over to your blog and check it out! Thanks for sharing how you made your cool page! I love it!

Sheryl said...

Love this page Manda. Awesome shoes.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being a Guest Designer for Swirlydoos! I love the shoes!!