Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sweetie Pie

This is for Heidi's challenge "Under the Mask and Gettin' Messy" over at Swirlydoos. 











On the little Studio Calio wooden butterflies, I first put down some Picket Fence Distress Stain, then I used my Distress embossing ink and clear UTEE and melted it with my heat gun. Then I used Shimmerz Blingz in Hottie Pink on top and a Prima stamped image to finish. 

I painted the canvas banners with Magical Micas and Glimmer Mist. 





I cut the glittered butterflies with my new Silhouette Cameo! (also the flourishes and the "sweetie")
I used the new Brushed Cotton card stock from Tattered Angels and I really like it, it is very soft and the mist settles on it really differently than other papers. I have a few different textures to experiment with! 

I painted the edges with Silk acrylic glaze and then very quickly sprinkled glitter on the edges. Then I sprayed with Opaque White Mister Huey's. Since the glaze resits the mist, you still get the great color of the pink! 




Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I hope you enjoyed the close-ups! Please leave me a comment, they are always appreciated! 






No comments: