Saturday, January 19, 2013

Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge


About the hexagons: they are Dusty Attic.

I prepped them with gesso, then a liberal layer of Distress Crackle Picket Fence. Then I used Lettuce and Pool Ranger alcohol ink. I accented with Distress Stain in Brushed Pewter. I added a couple of the little butterfly rubons from this month's Swirlydoos kit. I used the little splatter Prima stamp with Distress ink in Seedless Preserves. I added some Prima and Paper Studio flowers and some older flowers from a previous kit. I cut the leaves with the Cameo. (They are a negative image from a butterfly cut.)

I also did a little masking and embossing on the paper. 

I embossed the title DA piece with Lindy's powder.

I used Lindy's Starburst mist in Tiffany's Blue, embossed with Lindy's embossing powder in Cosmic Blue Violet, swiped some Distress Stain in Shabby Shutters, then dripped some Dylusions Crushed Grape in the middle. The butterflies were cut with my Cameo out of Tattered Angels Brushed Cotton card stock. 

I love the way both of these turned out!

Thanks for stopping by!


Preacher'sWife said...

Manda, your work is absolutely breathtaking! Great layout!

LISA said...

Absolutely fabulicious!!